Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lovin' New England!

 Back in America for a few days!  I have no clue how much I miss the ease of being in my home country until I am without cell service and data networks and have to hunt for internet cafes abroad.  On Tuesday, we began a new voyage so I was able to spend a few hours in NYC before we sailed.  Fortunately, I was able to spend the day with one of my dearest friends in the world.  He and I have been friends since elementary school and chose similar artistic paths as our careers.  Seeing a "kindred spirit" is always uplifting, inspiring, and medicinal for the soul.  A nice lunch followed by a stroll through Central Park on a warm, sunny day was a wonderful welcome back to the USA.  Thank you, Nathan, for such a lovely day.  (Also, Nathan is a wonderful writer and has recently finished a novel.  I will let everyone know when it is in publication and available for purchase!)

One of the advantages of working on a ship is the view.  Here is the Statue of Liberty at sail out time!  Such a beautiful view from the top deck!

I spent Wednesday in Newport, Rhode Island.  This was the second visit I have made to Newport, and I enjoyed it even more time #2.  What a wonderful port city.  One of the highlights of Newport is the mansions.  I took a tour of Dorris Duke's Mansion ( Duke University). Taking photos was not allowed inside which is a shame because the art and architecture was impressive.  Here is a view of the outside and the gardens.  Newport is the perfect weekend get-a-way town, and I am now setting my sites on booking some shows there.  :)


 I spent Thursday in what is now becoming a favorite city of mine -- Boston.  I spent the morning on the Freedom Trail tour which was very interesting and reminded me of how much American history I have forgotten. The evening was spent with another dear friend, Ashley.  Two years have passed since we last saw each other so it was a wonderful reunion, plus I made a new friend Shannon.  We had dinner at the Top of the Hub restaurant which has a wonderful panoramic view of Boston.  It was a wonderful way to end my day in Boston, and I look forward to seeing her again in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment