Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bikes and Glaciers...

On our recent day at sea, we sailed past the Hubbard Glacier.  It is quite an experience to be on the ship and sail so close to such beauty.  Naturally, everyone was on the deck taking pictures and admiring.  Here are a few views from the deck.



And here is my panoramic shot of the Hubbard Glacier and surroundings.  Now I know why so many people flock to see Alaska.


On Father's Day, we were in Juneau.  Since I couldn't celebrate with my dad, I decided to celebrate the day with a bike trip to the Mendenhall Glacier.  I had no clue it would take two hours of continuous cycling to arrive there -- not to mention the two hours of continuous cycling back.  Luckily, the weather was beautiful so it was an enjoyable four hours of exercise.  After two hours we finally arrived!



And the scenery was completely worth the sore thighs.  A waterfall and a glacier!  Of course, I had to take my shoes off and get in the water.



The Mendenhall Glacier on a sunny, 63 degree day.


The lake surrounding the glacier and waterfall was equally as picturesque.


Hope you enjoy the pictures and please come visit Alaska on the Shadow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment