Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kayaking in Skagway

 Did I mention I love my job?  On Monday, I was able to go on a kayaking tour in Skagway, Alaska.   Despite the chill in the air, the sun was shining brightly which made it a perfect day for kayaking on Fraser Lake, bordering Alaska and British Columbia.  



 My kayaking partner, Tom, and I were a pretty good team.


At times like this, I wish I were a better photographer.  My minimal photography skills convey only a portion of the beauty that my eyes viewed.


Once again, I took the White Pass & Yukon Route train from British Columbia to Skagway.  It is a favorite part of my Skagway days, and I have a feeling I may get to ride it a few more times during my months here in Alaska. The history surrounding this train route and the building of the track is very interesting.  If you are planning a visit to Alaska, this ride is a definite recommendation. Check out the drop from the train track. 




And some views during the train ride....





It is unbelievable to me how beautiful this earth is and how diverse countries and land are.  Feeling grateful to have eyes that can see and the opportunity to have a job where I can see these things.  Hoping each of you are able to have your heart's desires this year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment